This is some nameless white roving I found in my stash which has been 'hidden' for over 2 years. It feels a little harsh as it was cheap, 'white' wool, I think the intention when I first bought it was to practice dyeing with natural dyestuffs. Which I haven't done.
Yet.
I spun and plyed the yarn and used acid dyes to paint the skeins. I only have primary colours and add some stock solution directly onto the skeins, wrap them in clingfilm, squish them about a bit to mix and blend the colours and then microwave them. I didn't really like the effect, I thought the red/blue/s and yellows were to strong, so I simmered them in the pre-soaking water which allowed some of the non-fixed dye to mix and I got the autumnal mix seen here.

I am very happy with the result and will use the technique again.
No comments:
Post a Comment