No the shears didn't work. They've gone back to Germany and we should get a replacement motor/machine soon. My query about the combs and cutters not cutting was met with "all alpaca owners are having trouble this year, it's because the hard winter has affected the fibre" Oh yeah - alpacas come from the Andes mate. I suppose it's possible, but I can't see how. I think it more likely their griding machine or the operatives were different. I've ordered some new ones so we will see how those work. Luckily the temperatures are hot but bearable with a cooling breeze and the girls seem a lot more comfortable anyhow as they aren't pregnant.
As well as new combs and cutters, spent loads of €s on getting computer sorted, lawn mower mended, dentist, new tyres for the car and 200 lightweight concrete blocks. But, surprise, we were presented with a voucher for 78€s at Brico Depot as we'd spent so much money there! It really cheered us up.
No comments:
Post a Comment