1) It was late on a lovely balmy evening with a full moon, there was the most enormous hawk moth with a really really long proboscious dipping into the huge nicotianas beside the bit of concrete we eat al fresco on patio. It was 4 times the size of the humming bird hawk moths which we see loads of.
2) The goats broke into the patch of sunflowers outside of their house, just trampled the fence down.
I tied the fence up with string and E will repair it in the morning.
3) I was sitting indoors later when a baby toad hopped across the floor. It was very hoppy and took me a while to corner it, and when I did catch it, I couldn't hold onto it as it squeezed out between my fingers - I didn't want to squash it. Got it outside on the second attempt.
4) For the second night running, one of the cats had left the entrails of a rodent in the middle of the dining room floor, just where people walk first thing in the morning half awake. In bare feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment