
I finally finished my Print O' the wave shawl and blocked it last week. It was almost completed 2 months ago - but 10" from completing the border I realised I wouldn't have enough yarn. Damn. I needed to find another lace edging that was narrower so searched my stitch files and books and finally settled on one from Interweave's "Knitters' Shawls and Scarves" - that's not quite the right title but I can't see it on my shelf at the moment - where the hell is it? It's the edging from (will fill in this space once I find the damn book). It's okay, but the proper edge pattern would make for a wider shawl. Now, when am I going to wear this thing? I don't have any clothes that it would go with! I would love to give it to one of my girls but I don't think they'd wear it for a moment. Neither of them are lacey people. My mum would put it in a drawer and not look at it again. My granddaughter would love it - to dress up in, no thanks. No, I want to wear it, when I lose the stone I need to I'll buy a little black number and E can take me out to dinner! So, a bit of a wait then.
2 comments:
It's very pretty, and I love the colours.
I do want to start knitting lace, but there is the whole problem of "what on earth would I do with it?"
Love your shawl..! Would love to be able to make somthing so delicate. Not patiant or talented enough though.
Hope you will be able to find some property in England so that you can keep your animals. Hope you blog some pix of your alpaca and goats and the property before you leave.
I feel sad that you may have to give them up.
Post a Comment