Saturday, June 23, 2007

Introducing ...



Lu Lu. She's a mate for Brian, hopefully they will have eggs together!

The first time she was let out after about 10 days she wandered around for an hour, then flew off. Cursing ourselves for being over confident she would stay, we searched but couldn't find her. All we could do was hope she would find her way to her previous home. Then early one morning a couple of days later, I spotted her amongst the long grass, I guess she'd been around all the time, making us feel rotten. She's a lot more cautious than Brian and kept to the far corners of our farm, but slowly she's become more confident and now wanders around with the rest of the hens. It has had the desired effect on Brian of reducing his deafening call, but it's not stopped completely. And he still sits on the roof of the car and chases us down the drive when we go out!

1 comment:

Bristolcare said...

She is lovely. I would like to have pea fowl, we live too close to the highway though. They would be able to fly away and chances are good they would get killed.

I will work on some pics! lol