Sunday, September 24, 2006

Off tomorrow and just a little scared.

Well, panniers are packed, I've reduced clothing to a minimum, no room for a hairdryer, hopefully the hotels will have one. Bike is ready, route planning done. If you want to look at France from the air IGN Maps Geo-Portal. There are options which let you fade between maps and the aerial photos, or, you can select relief. That's pretty scary, photos don't show up the gradients very well, and it's all lovely sunny weather and unfortunately the forecast is for showers and a southerly wind. WE don't care, we're made of stout stuff. I've warned Wendy to expect two grubby, tired and thirsty middleaged women on her doorstep in 11 days time.

Here goes, Geronimooooooooooo!!

2 comments:

Bristolcare said...

I will be thinking of you Rita while you are away. Hope you will blog your trip when you return.
Good luck to you.
What is your return date??

Bristolcare said...

Hi Rita, welcome home.
looking forward to reading your next blog about you bike trip.