Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weaving



I've been weaving these napkins. The loom is borrowed from the class I began back in June. I had only managed to weave 90% of one napkin by October when I needed to pay for another 10 lessons at a cost of £50, they were already the most expensive napkins known to man so I said, 'forget it', I'll pay for the yarn and leave. When I was told they hire out looms for a £ a week, no contest. Today I finished the 4th, I think I've made them too short by a couple of inches, there is quite a lot of warp left but a couple of threads broke and they are tied together, now they've reached the cross sticks so I could only weave about another 6". I know I could have/should have joined yarn, but I didn't. It's possible I might tie more warp onto the broken threads as I have a feeling there might be a few comments about 'waste' if I take it back with 20" of warp left.

No comments: