Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two Good Things.

Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States today, we've just watched it on the TV and listened to his speech. I thought it a very good speech, thoughtful and honest, with no rhetoric; refreshing. God bless and guide him, the world needs it. Oh, and God keep him and his family safe.

I met my old and good friend Sabina, in Marks and Spencer today. I saw her browsing the clothes and called out to her. We hugged, so pleased to see one another. I haven't had any contact with her for years, maybe more than 6. That was my fault, I didn't respond to an email, and when we moved she didn't have our address, and I didn't contact her. Embarrassed that I'd 'cut' her. I was immersed in a depression at the time, and, I don't know why, couldn't bring myself to speak with her, she was a big part of the life I had before..

I've been trying to follow advice that, we can be what we want to be, we are in charge of our own destiny, we can only change ourselves, no-one else. I've been actively seeking out old acquaintances, and somehow, fate popped Sabina back into my life today. Thank you, Lynda Field

No comments: