The day before I left for the UK I noticed Max was limping on his near hind foot. I got him into the stable and it looked like a superficial scrape so it got the purple spray treatment and E was instructed to watch carefully. I left for the ferry the following morning in the dark, so it was E who found Max limping quite badly and realised we needed the vet. When they came that afternoon they removed a lot of pus, gave him some shots and bandaged it up well with an iodine dressing which was supposed to come off last Saturday. Well, Max was walking better the next day and he seems to have recovered well, the bandage had removed itself as they do. I think he still very very slightly favours the foot so I am keeping a close eye on it, it seems the same size as it's neighbour but... The Vet's also trimmed his rear toenails - which made me feel bad but I've found as Marty McGee Bennet says they tend to snap off without interferrence from me, I only have one alpaca that I need to trim toenails for.
Betty goat and all the others were fine, their eye infections have cleared but Betty had some cloudiness left which I thought might remain. Then her eye looked mucky again on Sunday so we immediately began treating it again, it improved, but last night there were more signs of discharge although the eye wasn't red. It depends on how it looks this morning whether we take her to the vets again.
Oh, and for good measure, one of the cats, Misty has a urine infection - which required the vets to put her out to get a sample, the current veterinary bill is up to 175€s.
No comments:
Post a Comment