Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stash Reduction

After sorting my stash into proper colour groups - that is, trying to see whether the reds were more bluey or orangy, or the greens, bluey or yellowy - I wish I'd gone to art college and knew how to describe them properly! Is it hue? I was pleased with my efforts, and once packed neatly into zipped plastic bags maybe I would actually get around to using some of them. The biggest problem is I love spinning and I like dying, and sometimes I'm very pleased with the results, but I just want to keep these lovely bundles. Part of the problem for me is the fabric that they knit into doesn't look as lovely as the hank, the other obvious problem is I just have - a hank, I haven't kept records, always believing I will remember what I did, silly me. I'm toying with the idea of perhaps weaving some of it, maybe I would be happier with the result. The other idea I have is to use a varigated yarn as an enhancement to a plain one, say a black cardigan with gold/green/brown/yellow additions, either as edging, or up the front, they would be fairly small and smart! I have actually swatched this - shows promise. I just need to do it.




What I have started is this pattern Morning Surf it's a much chunkier version but I like the texture a lot.

It's not going to be a very long scarf - just look at the size of the ball that's left! But I won't rip it yet, it will fit into a coat neckline.

No comments: