Thursday, January 18, 2007

Better news



Betty goat seems to have recovered thank God. She's acting normally again, appears to be able to see and is generally almost her old self. I've absolutely no idea what might have caused the strange behaviour - perhaps a 'blinding' sinus headache?!

The photo was taken a few weeks ago when it hadn't been raining solidly for a month - well, that's what it feels like. I tried to post this last week but Blogger was acting up, it seems to be fixed for the second.

I have been preparing some of Sandie's fleece. She is classed a fawn but looks white, when you spin her fleece though it looks very off white, almost grey. I'm going to rainbow dye it when it's all plyed, not totally multi coloured, I love cornflower blue, maybe with other touches of yellow and green. It's likely to be very much down to luck what it actually turns out like. I don't have any sort of structure or plan when it comes to dying. So I am trying to be a bit more focused and I have some water colours which should help me with the colour and shade selection. A lot of my dying has been done using full strength solutions and I didn't appreciate that weaker ones can produce some really pretty colours. That's the plan anyway.

I will have less than 600 mtrs of fine 2 ply, shall I make a Clapotis? Will I wear it? It might not be enough. I really ought to get out another bag, sort, wash, card, spin, and ply that. BUT I WANT SOMETHING TO DO NOW!!!! When you have bags and bags of alpaca fleece you really can't go and buy yarn, sob.

No comments: