Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Web rings and stuff

I was browsing the list of members in Angel Yarns knitting forum along with usernames any websites members have are mentioned. And, as you do,I do, spent over 2 hours wandering from one to another, then on a tangent to others and so on. There were some good ones, weird ones, there seemed to be several (+3) selling shaped cloth nappies???! Many blogs have buttons for web-rings and I keep coming across the "Spinning Wheel" list, and "UK Knitters", I've been thinking of joining the spinning wheel one, there are aparently 40 or so waiting. In UK knitters there are 221 'active members' in the ring, and 447 waiting to join! What the - no point in adding to the mess. Now I'm feeling quilty for saying that, maybe the owner isn't well. Maybe there is a limit?

One blog I read was written by a retired women born in the year of the Rat - so about my age! She had been on a trip to the southwest of England and said she had been keeping an eye out for Alpaca as 'they look so strange'!! I was going to send her a link to some pictures, but I lost the page and now can't find it again - as I'm writing this I remembered the 'history' panel and guess what - I found the blog here!

I'm also, sort of, thinking of starting a new blog in Wordpress just related to moving back to the UK, but, that would be silly wouldn't it? I have enough trouble with Blogger I don't need more. I did play around with my old site yesterday though, the navigation isn't intuitive to me but you can save your post as you go along WITHOUT BEING SENT BACK TO THE MAIN POST PAGE EACH TIME!!! I have learnt to my cost to save regularly with Bummer but it does my head in to have to open the post up again to continue where I left off. I know it's only a few seconds and a couple of clicks but I don't want it! The main irritation I had with Wordpress was how dreadfully slow the site was, and it sometimes froze altogther but it was fine yesterday.

My only reluctance to join a web-ring is I'll feel I ought to post more about spinning or knitting or I might get booted off! I don't want to just talk about the latest pair of socks I've knitted - tell me just how many times you read a blog and there's YET another pair of stripy socks LOL!

1 comment:

Bristolcare said...

You have been very productive this month. Getting your driveway done, dyeing yarn, knitting, blogging, surfing the web, planning on staying fit. Sob..you put me to shame! lol